The Small Print
Disagreements between friends usually stem from a misunderstanding; therefore we find it useful to have a form of contract in the unlikely event that a disagreement arises. With this in mind we have set out beneath our Terms and Conditions:
● Confirmation of a booking requires a security deposit of £1000, which is non-refundable.
● All bookings must be confirmed by paying a deposit. By paying the deposit you are thereby in acceptance of the terms and conditions set out by Penmorvah Manor Hotel.
● All bookings for Penmorvah Manor Hotel are made through Penmorvah Manor Hotel. Customers are recommended to take out wedding insurance.
● The Customer shall be responsible for any damage caused to Penmorvah Manor Hotel, including the furnishings, utensils and equipment therein by the wilful act or default of the customer, or guests of the customer and shall pay the amount required to make good or remedy any such damage.
● Penmorvah Manor Hotel reserves the right to ask a guest to leave the premises, if it is deemed that their behaviour is unacceptable to the management.
● Payment is required by Bank Transfer, Cheque, Debit Card or Cash. Cheques should be made payable to Penmorvah Manor Hotel.
● Two months prior to the event 50% of the venue hire and estimated food & beverage cost required
● The final numbers and balance owing to Penmorvah Manor Hotel will be paid no later than two weeks prior to the event
● Please note that all prices are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate of 20% and will be adjusted without notice if the rate is changed.
● Prices will be subject to change annually, although prices agreed at the initial booking date will be fixed.
● The Customer will be charged for additional numbers if guest numbers increase during the 14 days prior to the event, the additional amount will need to be settled prior to the event. If the numbers fall within 14 days Penmorvah Manor Hotel cannot refund the customer for the decrease in the guest’s numbers.
● Service charge is not included, gratuities are at the client’s discretion.
● Penmorvah Manor Hotel reserves the right to cancel any booking forthwith and without any liability on its part in the event of any damage, or destruction of the facilities by fire or other causes, such as; any shortages of labour or food suppliers, strikes, walkouts or industrial unrest, disease, or any other cause beyond the control of Penmorvah Manor Hotel, which shall prevent it from performing its obligations in connection with any booking. In these circumstances, every effort will be made to accommodate the booking in another suitable establishment.
● If Penmorvah Manor Hotel must cancel your function for reasons beyond their control all monies paid including deposit will be refunded.
● If the client wishes to cancel, then the following charges are applicable and listed below.
Timescale for Cancellation Charges
● Up to six months prior to the event - Refund on any monies paid (except agreed deposit)
● Up to three months prior to the event - 50% of monies paid is refundable (except agreed deposit
● Cancellation less than 90 days prior to the event - 100% of the estimated bill is payable
● Musicians and Entertainers will be expected to abide by the procedures and safe-working practices set out by Penmorvah Manor Hotel. Musicians and Entertainers must have a current public liability insurance policy and PAT testing certificate for which Penmorvah Manor Hotel reserves the right to request a copy.
● Flower decorations, cameras, hats and other items including gifts are the responsibility of the client. Any flowers, gifts and guest’s belongings left on the premises after the event will be stored to be collected the following day by 11 am. Flowers will be disposed of after this time.
● Access time on the day of the event to Penmorvah Manor Hotel is permitted by prior arrangement.
● Only the Wedding Carriage or disabled cars will be permitted to park outside the entrance. All other guest’s cars or contractor’s vehicles must be parked in the car park and are left at the owner’s risk.
● Coats and personal possessions are left on the premises at the customers risk.
● The customer shall not arrange for the delivery of any goods or materials to Penmorvah Manor Hotel unless by prior arrangement of Penmorvah Manor Hotel.
● The customer shall not store or place on the premises any inflammable, combustible, or objectionable substances or liquid.
● Penmorvah Manor Hotel cannot allow food or drink to be consumed other than that purchased on the premises, Penmorvah Manor Hotel does do not allow corkage or alcoholic favours.
● Penmorvah Manor Hotel will not be held responsible for the accidental damage in the movement and positioning of Wedding Cakes, Vases, Candles, Gifts or any decorations. We once again encourage that clients have Wedding Insurance Cover.
● The use of candles and naked flames are at the hotels discretion.
● Penmorvah Manor Hotel does not allow confetti cannons, smoke or bubble machines.
● Only Biodegradable confetti can be used on the premises and gardens.
● Penmorvah Manor Hotel does not allow Fireworks or Chinese lanterns, but sparklers are allowed on the lawn and not the sundeck. If using sparklers, the client will need to provide a steel bucket and sand to dispose of safely.
● If you would like Penmorvah Manor Hotel to provide the place cards and table plan, there will be a charge of £75.
● If you would like Penmorvah Manor Hotel to provide their own white candelabras, mirror plate and tea lights, there will be a charge of £6 per centre piece
● If you would like Penmorvah Manor Hotel to provide white chair covers and ivory sashes, there will be a charge of £2 per chair.
Customers should note that Penmorvah Manor Hotel is an old building which by its very nature creates likely hazard spots, such as, steps, uneven flooring and open fires and these may cause accidents, or even result in injury. Penmorvah Manor Hotel and the proprietors thereof, cannot be held responsible for any accidents or injuries sustained by customers